Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stanzas

Stanza

A stanza is a group of words in a poem.
I Love To Write Poems                                                                 Stanza
(First Stanza)
I love to write
Day and night
What would my heart do
But cry, sigh and be blue
If I could not write
(Second Stanza)
Writing feels good
And I know it should            
Who could have knew                                                                                         
That what I do                      
Is write, write, write               
  - Unknown Author 
The signifacance of the satnza is that it sounds like it flows when you read it outloud. It is important to poetry so that you wont have a long sentance like how you would in a paragraph. In gives the work a more enjoyable look that makes people want to read it. It makes the poetry better because it sounds really well.
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment